By Felicity LuHill
June 12, 2017
- Young Cornrows Callin’ Out the Moon by Ruth Forman – A fun portrayal of summertime in the city!
- Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Peña – A boy learns about compassion while riding the bus with his grandmother.
- Juna’s Jar by Jane Bahk – Juna’s kimchi jar lets her imagination soar as she deals with her best friend Hector’s unexpected move.
- Happy in Our Skin by Fran Manushkin – A celebration of diversity through exploring how skin helps us everyday.
- Marisol McDonald Doesn’t Match by Monica Brown – Marisol doesn’t match, and she likes it that way!
- Thunder Boy, Jr. by Sherman Alexie – A great book for Father’s Day: a boy tries to distinguish himself from his father by coming up with a new nickname.
- Bippity Bop Barbershop by Natasha Anastasia Tarpley – Another great book for Father’s Day (and for Barbershop Books!) A boy’s first trip to the barbershop.
- One Word from Sophia by Jim Averbeck – Sophia learns a lot from a variety of people as she searches for the magic word that might just get her a giraffe.